Click the map to view a full size version.
Image courtesy Toronto Public Library: T1837/4Mlrg]
Winearls, MUC no. 2064 (16)
The following version of the same map was deemed the final official plan for the area, being ‘Approved and ordered to be the plan on which all deeds grants or locations are to be founded’. It is densely packed with the names of lot owners from the previous 4 years of land sales—many of which are worth further scrutiny and investigation. This plan effectively documents a major expansion westward of the City of Toronto.
Click the image to view a full-size version (7mb):
Toronto Military Reserve. Resurvey by Wm Hawkins Dy. Surveyor. By order of His Excellency Sir Francis B. Head Lieut. Governor U. Canada &c &c &c as laid out in Town Lots on the east of the Ravine. [Sgd] To the Honble John Macaulay Surveyor General &c &c &c Toronto William Hawkins Dy Surveyor Toronto 18th Feby 1837 [Certified and sgd] R.H. Bonnycastle Captn Royal Engineers Western District U.C. 21st Feby 1837
Source: Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources, Office of the Surveyor General: 348-H24
© 2013 Queens Printer Ontario
Winearls, MUC no. 2064 (15)
See also copy: LAC NMC22828
Next map: 1852 Fleming/Wilkinson/Walker: Plan shewing the Boundaries . . . of the Military Reserve [Detail]
Back to: East of Garrison Creek